Wednesday, December 13, 2006

space age...

"I don't have enough clothes" and "I don't have enough space in my cupboard" are such conflicting statements and though I might have used both of them so often, I did'nt realise the irony until today morning when I used them both one after the other...! Well it just happened that first I could'nt "find" anything to wear to work today morning and after I finally setteled on something, I could'nt manage to put back in the ones I did'nt need cos everything seemed squeezed already!! So after announcing for the nth time to Dad that I did'nt have enough nice things to wear...I proclaimed I did'nt have enough storage space either. This was invariably followed by a foxed looked on Dad's face and the query "How can you not have clothes or space? U must have one of the two....I think you have too many clothes!"...."But Dad, u see, I can't wear just anything u know..half of this pile is just t-shirts..too shabby now to wear outside, and the shirts don't work well with sweaters ...and it's too cold to wear salwar suits with which anyway I have to match a different sweater all the time...and a lot of these clothes are just old fashioned and not to mention the ones which are only good for parties..!" ...Dad's eyes were narrow by now...uh oh.."Ok, and the rest?" "Oh the rest don't match my sandles...so now I have only a handful of them which I can actually wear..!!"

And so on and so forth...I'm sure this could have taken up a lot more time but at 8am there just was'nt enough time to prove my point and get to work by 9! From now on, I will only use one of these phrases at one time I think.....and ofcourse I have to shop for the winters now! Maybe if I get a nice sweater for Dad too then he'll not be so upset at all the bags in the evening??

No comments: